Saturday 19 March 2011

Two Pristine White Blooms

It was 1:00am and I had just watched The English Patient on the cable movie channel and was about to go to bed. I thought I had watched this movie twice but most parts were 'new' (lost in my mind) to me. Anyway, when you watch it at various states of mind, you see and remember it differently.
Back to my story, I was looking out my balcony and remembered that I checked on my plants at 8pm that evening hoping to see my night blooming Epiphyllum. I walked nearer and the whole balcony was filled with a very, very sweet perfume. It has bloomed, not one but two. What a lovely end to my evening. Yes, I took photos at 1am. My neighbours who were still up must be wondering what I was doing. Oh . . . nothing, just feeling happy to see my flowers bloom.

5 comments:

  1. Your blooms are gorgeous and very worthy of a 1:00 a.m. photoshoot. Thanks so much for sharing!

    I hope you got to sleep in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Wendy I would of stayed up to see these sweet blooms too. Absolutely stunning, gorgeous, beautiful! I would love to stitch these beautiful flowers into a stitchery. Would that be OK?? Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isdihara and Judy, I wish you could also smell the perfume. Yes it is indeed worth a 1am photo shoot. And Judy, please feel free to stitch them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I bet those smelled so good . . . I had two blooms at once in the backyard and you could smell them from a couple of houses down!

    ReplyDelete