Tuesday 14 June 2011

Silk Patchwork - WIP


This was difficult for me. Cutting and sewing silk is not easy. Silk runs everywhere even when pinned down. I started with the normal sewing machine foot and made this first patch. After ironing it, it looked slightly better but I just could not sew straight lines.


For the second patch, I decided to use the walking foot and it was slightly better but still not perfect. So I decided, instead of perfection, it is going to be imperfect. So what if the lines are not straight.

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks lovely and the colors are vibrant and delightful together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! And don't worry about it being 'imperfect'. I remember being told many many years ago, the American Indian would purposely make some sort of 'mistake' in their baskets and other arts. This was because 'no one is perfect'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great from here! I'm trying to remember some tips I used to know about slippery fabrics. Perhaps a sheet of paper underneath which you can rip away later?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is too short to worry about straight lines! I think the block is beautiful and just perfect the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great to me! Sewing? You are a far better woman than I!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait till you see what I have in store for the second side. More colours and sewing crooked, no . . . . . just perfectly imperfect.

    ReplyDelete