Monday 22 August 2011

A New Quilt In Progress


I am following this quilt pattern from Elizabeth Hartman's book for the next quilt I am making. I wanted a colour palette that is more contemporary so I raided my fabric stash to look for black and white prints plus red as an accent. I remember buying a jelly roll of black and white prints during the last sale. While cutting the roll up, I noticed the roll isn't exactly 2.5 inches width throughout its length. Although using a jelly roll is more convenient, it is still best to cut your own fabric. I had to cut more 3.5 and 1.5 inches width panels. The fabrics for this patchwork are ready for quick piecing. Lets see if I can do some sewing soon.

3 comments:

  1. Should be a very pretty black, white and red quilt - the rail fence pattern should go together fast. I made a log cabin (w/double diamond embellishment) that was black, white and red. Have fun. Robert, in northern Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its going to look lovely, look forward to seeing how you get on with it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should become a very nice quilt. I love Your colour scheme.
    Petra

    ReplyDelete