Tuesday 30 August 2011

Quilt - Block Sewing Progress


It isn't often I use my sewing machine and each time I take it out to use, I have to learn everything all over again. Everything . . . e.g. how to wind the bobbin, figuring out how to thread the machine and changing the foot for the correct purpose. But once it is right, it should be quite fast sewing, I hope . .

So this was the result of using the wrong foot for sewing after 30 mins of blundering with my machine. I was also wondering if I could sew straight lines. Then after unpicking the first block, I started again, adjusting for the correct tension so that the stitches did not pucker up like before.


After all that, I got two blocks sewn up. It looks just slightly better but I was not too happy with how certain fabrics / colours ended up next to the other. There should be 36 blocks in total. It is sewing for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing what a few tiny adjustments can do? I have to relearn my machine too...especially since it is new, but I can't remember from one minute to the next what does what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina,
    I undid these two blocks and decided I need to sew better and place the dark colours in the centre so it does not blend with the two outer black strips. My machine is nearly 2 years old but I still need to read the manual each time, as I forget easily. Hope you have better luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete