Wednesday 12 October 2011

Blue and White Ceramics







Some of the beautiful ceramics we saw at the Shanghai Museum. I thoroughly enjoyed the visit. We did not see all the exhibits, only the ceramics, calligraphy, Chinese seals and jade galleries. Now where are those pamphlets I brought back?

At each level, there is a little gift corner where you can buy reproductions or items related to each gallery. It was fun to see what they had for sale. But there is also a larger gift shop on the ground level with everything you could imagine. As they did not charge for admission, we decided to support them by getting two items - a book on Ancient Chinese Jade and a ceramic water decanter for painting. It fits in your palm perfectly.



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, must have been lovely walking around seeing all those beautiful items.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret,
    I did have a lovely time. My favourite gallery was the Chinese seal which I will wrote a blog post soon. I took many photos too. So glad you enjoy these photos.

    ReplyDelete