Wednesday 20 June 2012

Julie's Bookmarks

Petals Variation tatted by umintsuru in Lizbeth Size 80 Desert Bloom
(6 inches point to point)


Eye Spy tatted by Fox in Krystle's HDT Size 80 Wisteria Lane
(4.5 inches in length)
Did you see Fox's blog post here? We each chose a pattern from Julie Patterson's book - Just Marking Tome, for the other to tat. We also chose a time to start and spent the weekend tatting our bookmarks.

I wanted to do Petals again in a solid colour as the flowers got lost in the variegated thread. This is tatted in Omega Size 50 thread #156 and it measures about 7.5 inches point to point. This thread colour is a pale orange.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty bookmarks. you do very good work.
    Thank you again for the earrings, I got compliments today at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! This is much prettier in a solid colour - especially the yellow you have chosen. Very pretty!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bookmarks!!! I love the colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bookmarks - all done beautifully :)

    You are so right about losing the flowers in a variegated thread - I really like the pale orange, but I really like the variegated too. It's fun to see how different the same pattern looks in different threads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of them, I agree the pattern did get lost in the variegated thread, you both did beautiful pieces of tatting and well done to both of you.

    Your earrings are still getting compliments

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete