Wednesday 13 November 2013

Christmas Berry Wreath


Nancy made a call to tat this Christmas Berry Wreath. It will make a nice motif on a Christmas card or if you tat it in a smaller thread, a great pair of earrings too. 

In Perle cotton Size 8, my wreath is about 2 inches across. I was tempted to add beads for the berries but because of the Josephine knots, I had to try it. It was a little fiddly at first. I think if the JKs were a little bigger and my picots a little smaller, I would love it even more. 

Thanks to Nancy for pointing us to this lovely pattern of LaRae Mikulecky and the helpful photos from Claudia Meza. Don't you just love the online tatting community?

3 comments:

  1. It is a nice pattern, one I haven't done for about 10 yrs, so was very glad Nancy brought it out again. I have my shuttle wound and am hoping for time tonight. I think your picots are good, they look like pine needles. If you were going for a holly look, then you would need few to none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made that wreath several times. I think it's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. I wouldn't make the JK's any bigger; holly berries are not that big. I do usually make the picots a little "fluffier". I love it with the shaded green you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous I am going to have a go at this pattern in the next few days
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete