Friday 21 February 2014

Patchwork Tatting - Brussel


The onion rings did not arrange up nicely. It felt like the number of stitches were not sufficient to go around or I did not tighten the first ring enough or perhaps make the joining picot smaller. But it is still a pretty pattern. Might need to try it again. Perhaps blocking helped a little. This is tatted in Lizbeth Size 40 Boysenberry Dark #644. Pattern is by Adelheid Dangela.


I am contemplating a project.
 Choose a few coordinating colour threads . .
 and tat a a few pattern in those colours.
I would love to see each pattern in each of the thread colours . . .
so that will keep it interesting.
Should I?

5 comments:

  1. I have seen that done before and it is pretty, because it brings out unique designs if you are placing them together!
    The items you have done here are very nice love how different they all are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The motif looks lovely, I love the colour, I love onion rings I know some tatters hate them but I just love them.
    The three motifs put together look gorgeous, I can't wait to see what you do with them all.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very nice looking motif!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that would make an interesting study. I can see the collection looking very nice in a frame(s)

    ReplyDelete