Thursday 23 March 2017

Sweet Candy (HMK 7)



How many times can you repeat a mistake?
More than once . . .  as once was not enough to teach me a lesson. The last two rounds should be tatted simultaneously so that the chains can intertwine.

Anyway my mistake gave me a chance to whip out my Celtic shuttles. I just wish these Celtic shuttles were more like the normal shuttles as the threads kept unravelling when I dropped the shuttle.



Yes, it was definitely fiddly but it was an interesting tat.  In this photo, the colours in the left motif looks more soothing while the right looks more striking.

Tatted in Lizbeth Size 40 in various colours. Left - Col. 156 Juicy Watermelon, Col. 677 Lime Green Medium, Col. 164 Blue River Glades and Col. 708 River Blue Medium.

Right - Col. 147 Red Burst, Col. 714 Seacrest Green, Col. 180 Honey Drizzle and Col. 161 Sea Island Citrus.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, complicated and striking indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The right hand one is beatiful but it looks very fliddly and interesting.
    I'm working with a shuttle that thinks the floor is a good place to go to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look well worth all the effort! Neat pattern

    ReplyDelete